For solar installations in Brisbane, our job doesn’t end solely after each installation. Solar panels require continuous maintenance and aftercare. Unlike most retailers, we provide aftercare and maintenance services as part of our offerings. It is, however, important to know what goes into aftercare and how to measure the effectiveness of your solar panels once they’ve been installed. Without this knowledge, you may end up owning panels that don’t perform their best and you might be left trying to figure out why that is.
More importantly, knowing aftercare procedures will equip you with the right information for you to be able to select the right provider! So here’s a brief overview of what goes into our process of solar aftercare. Like everything else, our procedures are tailored to suit your needs. The aftercare procedure will be different for each home. If you’d like to have a better overview on what goes into continuous maintenance, contact us directly.
Solar Panel Aftercare in Brisbane
Solar panels are designed to last for decades. To make them last long and stay efficient, yearly aftercare is important. Your solar panel technician will be able to map out any damages or deterioration.
Here are some of the common issues we’ve come across:
- Moisture – Although Brisbane enjoys beautiful, tropical weather, it also rains quite a bit! During summer, Brisbane receives the highest rainfall all summer. The rain can severely impact your panels or the cables. Frequent checks are therefore very important.
- Dire and debris – Occasional dust storms, falling leaves and any other plant matter can collect on and around your panels, leaving them inefficient. If you think that this could be impacting the output of your solar panels, contact your solar panel installer soon!
- Damaged panels – More common in NSW, hail can break or damage your panels. It could even be random debris that falls onto your panels, limiting their functions.
- Poor cable insulation – Even with strong insulation on your cables, they may get damage or lose strength over time. To reduce their impact, contact your installer. Loose and deteriorating cables are definitely a safety issue. In rare instances, they’ve caused fires.
For your and your family’s safety, it’s crucial that you only work with CEC (Clean Energy Council) approved retailers, like us. We ensure that all our practices are done under rigorous safety guidelines. We take care of everything and always put the safety of your family first.
Measuring the effectiveness of your solar panels:
Most people don’t know when there’s a problem with their solar panels. You may have them installed for a long time and not detect a problem until you get your electricity bill.
The simplest way to check is to have a look at your inverter. If it has a green light, you’re in the clear. However, a red or yellow light means, you guessed it – a problem. That’s when you should pick up the phone and contact your installer. PS. If you’ve installed your panels with us, give us a call anytime at 1300 989 811.
Have another look at your inverter and see if there’s any information that can help you. You can alternatively, look up solutions online. Sometimes, your panels may be damaged or your installer may have not done a good job at installing the panels. This would’ve led to a series of events from damaged cables, wonky fittings or just a flawed design that didn’t go well with your roof.
Take a look at your inverters!
To understand more about inverters, take a look at our other blog where we break down everything you need to know about this crucial device. You can even find out the energy produced by your inverter, simply by googling it or reading the display on the inverter.
If your installation was done a number of years prior, you won’t be able to monitor your inverter output online. Have a look at the display screen itself. Here’s what you might find:
- Watts or kilowatts of power it is currently supplying to your home and/or the grid.
- kilowatt-hours of energy it has produced so far today.
- kilowatt-hours it has produced in total since it was installed
This will help you identify any shortcomings in your panels.
To conclude, aftercare is important in ensuring the efficiency of your panels. If you point out any signs ahead of time, it can save you heaps in the future! Make sure you look at the condition of the panels themselves and your inverter.
Should we have included something else? Let us know!
At D Solar, our team of experts value every client we work with. We follow rigorous and safe practices in solar installations in Brisbane. We work towards ensuring that the installation process is affordable for families and hassle-free. So you can enjoy cheaper bills while saving the planet!
Contact us today to get a FREE quote.