Victorian Solar Incentives.
We love how solar makes lives better.
Thinking of going solar in Victoria? Get our help navigating the Government incentives.
Victorian Solar Rebates – Do You Qualify?
It’s good news if you’re looking to go solar in Victoria.
The Victorian state government solar rebates make going solar very affordable for many Victorians. Rebates are available for both rooftop residential solar and solar battery storage. The state program is in addition to the federal government STCs incentive, which most solar buyers access simultaneously.
Buying Solar Systems
For households wanting to switch to solar, the Victorian state government is offering solar rebates through Solar Victoria’s Solar Homes Program. Eligible homeowners can apply for a rebate of up to $1850 plus an interest-free, 4-year state government loan for a further $1850. The level of rebate diminishes each year. To secure the current rate, you will need to apply for the Victorian solar rebate prior to 30 June 2021.
Buying Solar Storage (Batteries)
If you already have a solar system, or if you’re adding a solar battery to your system, you won’t miss out. The Victorian Solar Homes Program provides a point-of-sale discount up to a maximum of $4,174 for eligible homeowners. Since this is a higher rebate than applied to panels, some households choose this rebate over the solar panels alternative.
Solar battery rebates are now available in every Victorian postcode. To secure the current rebate rate, you will need to apply for the Victorian solar battery rebate prior to 30 June 2021.
Solar Rebates for Landlords (Rental Properties)
In a similar way to households, the Victorian state government makes rebates available to eligible landlords with residential rental properties.
If you’re a landlord, you may be eligible for these rebates if:
- your renters have a combined household income of under $180,000 per year (based on any of the last two year’s taxable income)
- your property is valued at under $3 million and does not already have solar panels (PV) installed
- there has been no prior participation in the Solar Homes program for that address
- a Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement is signed by the landlord and all renters
- the property is currently tenanted with a rental agreement in place.
How to access the Victorian solar rebates.
To access the Victorian solar rebates, follow these steps:
- Speak to DSolar and get a tailored proposal for your property. Please note, the total price of your system shown in your proposal is before state rebates and STCs are applied.
- Head onto Solar Victoria’s website, and follow the simple application process. (We’ll provide you with handy guides to assist you through this process.)
- If you’re concerned about applying, and need help, call DSolar on 1300 989 811 to arrange a video conference where we will walk you through each step of the process.
Please note: To access Victorian solar rebates, you must buy your solar system from a CEC Approved Solar Retailer (like DSolar) who will use CEC Accredited installation teams, using pre-approved solar products.
Accessing Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
In addition to state rebates, Victorians may be eligible for federal Government solar incentives. Under the Renewable Energy Target, if you install a solar system, you may be eligible for small-scale technology certificates (or STCs).
The number of small-scale technology certificates that can be created per system is based on geographical location, installation date, and the amount of electricity in megawatt hours (MWh) the system generates or displaces over the course of its deemed generation period.
Most households use STCs as a further upfront discount on the total cost of the solar system. To do this, a household must be eligible for and apply its STCs to DSolar to receive the discount on their total system price.
Where can I get more information?
Need more information about the Solar Homes Program? The simplest way to learn more is to call DSolar on 1300 989 811 or visit the following websites:
Victorian Solar Homes Program: https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/
Victorian Solar Panel Rebate: https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/solar-panel-rebate
Victorian solar rebates for landlords: https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/solar-rental-properties
Victorian Battery Rebates: https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/solar-battery-rebate